Friday, February 5, 2010

Quote for the Day...

"The Proper function of man is to live, not to exist, I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.  I shall use my time."  Jack London

Ah, right Jack...sure, let me get back to you on that one.  Not everyone can boast being a published author, much less a successful one.  Or an artist, or the CEO of a major company.  Most of us are just glad to see the end of another day.  Save and sound along with our families. 

For myself, my life has been OK, not great, not bad, just OK.  I can live with that.  I have done something with my life that I am proud of.  My son turned 21 last year, and even though he is like many his age, struggling with the economy, self discovery and the like, he is a great person.  I would like to think I had a hand in that.  I know he was a great kid growing up, yes he had his problems, who doesn't, but we worked through them and both of us are better for the trials and tribulations.  I am very proud of my son and love him dearly! I do believe in him and know he will go as far as his imagination will take him. 

That's what February will do to you...smack you in the heart when you're not looking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment