Thursday, May 16, 2013

I love Romance!

I was very lucky to have been chosen by Maggie Robinson to receive an ARC of her latest book "Lady Anne's Lover".  All she asked was to have me review the book.  So here I am. For myself, I think I got the better end of the deal.

It seems as though no matter what Lady Imaculata Anne Egremont has done, or could possibly do, will keep her nightmare at bay. A man of influence and trust in her life has betrayed her and now she trusts no man. Since all her options have been exhausted, she does the only other thing she can think of...she runs away.

Major Gareth Ripton-Jones crawled into a bottle about a year ago, and has yet to reach bottom.  After returning from the war, whole, he is jilted by his childhood sweetheart, then falls off a tenant's roof, shattering his arm.  His days pass in a alcoholic fog till his new house keeper, Anne Mont, arrives. If he can survive her coffee, he can survive anything!

As these two people meet and get to know one another, and see themselves as they never have, they realize, well I hate to do a spoiler, but they realize they actually like each other. Now all they have to do is find a murder and neutralize Anne's nightmare.

Set in Wales, after the Peninsula War, Ms. Robinson brings the Walesh country side and her characters to life on each page. Drama, romance, giggles, and down right laughter keep you turning the pages! Romantic situtations can being a blush to the cheek, the murder mystery can bring a hitch to your breath, and regret the "the end" as the last page turns. I recommend this and all of Maggie Robinson's books to those who like a good, well told story.

No comments:

Post a Comment