Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Free Speech is our right, but...

There is a "Church" out there that believes that God is punishing our soldiers because of gays and abortions.  I may not have that exactly right, but these are the 'people' that protest outside of the funerals of our fallen soldiers.  They carry posters that say things like..."God Hates America", "Thank God for Dead Soldiers"...I don't understand how a group of human beings, much less Christians, much less Americans can think like that.  No where in the Bible, that I know of anyway, tells us to hate our neighbors.  I've always been told that it is 'love thy neighbor as thy self.'  If this is love, those protesters must really hate themselves.  Maybe they need mental and emotional therapy!  Big Time!

I know they feel that this is a first amendment issue.  And it is to a point, but I do want to point out, that the solider that was being buried, died to insure they had that right.  I believe in free speech, but it must be tempered with respect. Just like my right to swing my fist ends at someones face.  Phelps and his people have their rights, well the family of fallen military personal, have rights to. One can't top the other, there has to be a compromise.  Allow people to bury their dead with divinity, protest else where.  Like the Pentagon.

I don't see how this group can call themselves a 'church' , Jesus built all his churches on love and acceptance.  Besides who died and made these questionable Christians our conscience or moral guides. WWJD...What Would Jesus Do??? I know he would not throw the first stone. I have Faith that he would love all of us as we are. The Bible tells us God forgives all is we would just ask him to.  Who are we to do any less?

No comments:

Post a Comment